Monday, June 13, 2011

Photo Album: ZMBH in Berlin

Berlin has been a funny stop for me. The plan called for ZMBH to lead a 3-day YMJJ, and originally I intended to sit with the sangha as well. But the technical snafus of the blog demanded my attention, so I elected not to sit the retreat, and decided to work through the weekend instead. So while I did manage to get some pictures of the center (one of the nicest we have seen), most of my photos are of Berlin itself. Just a couple of days is hardly enough to do justice to this (or any) city, but it is fascinating, and I plan to be back.

These shots may seem disjointed, even a little odd, but my thinking with travel photography is to take picture others do not--details, unusual items and views--and leave the "beauty" shots to the professionals who make postcards. A quick Google search will turn up dozens of beautiful pictures of the Brandenburg Gate, so why should an amateur take an inferior version of the same picture? (OK, I did take one of the gate, but you get the idea.)

So here is my Berlin album. I had fun. I hope you do too.

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ALBUM

No comments:

Post a Comment